2 pounds large shrimps( peeled and divine
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp salt
6 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp tamarind concentrate
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
15 curry leaves
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 cup thinly sliced onions
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp inced ginger
1 tsp minced fresh green chili
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 tbsp ground masala
1. Rub the mix with a mixture of cayenne,turmeric and 1/2 tsp of salt. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat and fry them shrimp briefly until they begin to turn
pink about 4-5 minutes. Do not cook all the way through . Set aside
3. Soak the tamarind in 1/4 cup hot water and break them until dissolved. Set aside
4. heat the remaining oils in a wide deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mustard
seeds and cover. When the mustard seeds pop, add the fenugreek seeds and as soon as they
brown ,put in the curry leaves, after they crackle add the onions. Fry until they get brown. Stir
in the garlic,ginger, and green chili.
5. When the onions are very brown, add the dissolved tamarind, tomato,ground masala and the
remaining salt. Stir constantly until the tomato breaks down. If it dries sprinkle in a little water.
Add the shrimp and stir until they are just cooked through about 5-6 minutes.