How to Make Stuffed Fish With Sweet and Spicy Masala
2 pound clean whole bluefish
1/2 tsp cayenne
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp ghee
3 tbsp broken cashew
2 tbsp golden raisins
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 cup sliced onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 fresh green chili, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 chopped fresh mint leaves
1 1/2 tbs ground masala
1/2 tbsp garam masala
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
1. Remove the head and tail from the fish. Butterfly it by slicing down the entire length of the belly side.
Open it up and carefully remove the backbone, starting from the neck, remove any remaining bones.
Fold the fish in half, skin side out ,and rub the skin with a mixture of the cayenne,turmeric, and salt.
Marinate for 2 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat the ghee or butter over medium heat. Fry the cashew until golden. Remove
to plate. In the remaining ghee fry the raisins until they swell and brown slightly. Add them to the
cashews and set aside.
3. In a frying pan heat the oil and fry the onions until browned. Add the garlic,ginger, green chili,
cilantro and mint,and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the ground masala,garam masala,tomatoes ,lime juice ,salt and sugar,and fry until the onions
are well browned, and the mixture is thick to paste. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
5. Open the fish and spread one quarter to one third of the onion mixture inside. Fold it over to close.
In the same frying pan push the remaining onion mixture to the sides of the pan and place the fish in
The middle. Turn the heat to medium and when the onions mixture simmers turn to low and cover.
Cook for 10 minutes, until the bottom of the fish is lightly browned, and carefully turn over. Cover and
Continue cooking another 1 minutes to brown the other side. Remove from the heat.
6. Carefully transfer the fish to a platter. Spread the remaining sauce over the fish and garnish it with the
Cashew and raisins. Serve immediately