(Whole chicken stuffed with spices and dry fruits, cooked in a blend of yoghurt and milk
Whole chicken skinless)
FOR THE STUFFING:
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 cinnamon stick
3 bay leaves
1/2 tsp mace
1/2 cup onions sliced
2 tsp ginger paste
12 Cashew nuts,ground to paste with a little water
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup Coconut,grated,ground to a paste
5 tbsp coriander powder
12 Almonds,blanched,peeled and sliced
FOR THE CHICKEN:
1/2 Cup Coconut oil
2 1/2 cups onions sliced
3 tsp garlic paste
3 tsp ginger paste
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp coriander seeds powder
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/ cup Coconut milk,thick
1 1/2 Cups yoghurt
1. Heat the oil add the cloves, cinnamon, black cardamoms, bay leaves and mace.
Fry until they crackle. Remove from the oil and grind together with a little water.
2. in the same oil, fry the onions until they golden brown. Remove and and grind
coarsely and keep aside.
3. In the same oil again add the ginger, cashew nuts,poppy seeds and coconut pastes.
Add the coriander powder and salt. Fry until light brown
4. Add the slices almond and sultanas. Stir and add the ground spices and ground onions.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stuff the chicken with the mixture. Close the cavity
with cocktail sticks. Lace the chicken with the string, so that it does not lose shape and
holds in the stuffing.
6. Heat the oil for the chicken in a large pan. Add the sliced onions and fry until transparent;
then add the ginger and garlic pastes. Fry until the water has evaporated. Add red chili
powder and coriander powder. Add the chicken and fry carefully, browning it all over.
Put in the salt and milk. Bring to a boil and add the thick Coconut milk. Simmer keeping the
pan covered, until the chicken becomes very tender but the flesh does not come off the
bone and a little gravy, stir and put on very low heat until the gravy is thick and the oil
comes to the surface.