4 tbsp mustard oil
1lb fish,cut into small piece
2medium peeled potatoes cut into bite size cubes
1 cup finely chopped onions
1tbsp minced fresh ginger
1tsp seeds, chopped fresh green chili
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup water
1 to 2 tsp red chili paste
1 cup cauliflower cut into florets 1 inch
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Fry fish just until opaque, about 2 minutes,
turning once. remove with a slotted spatula and set aside on a plate. Omit this step for a lower
2. Heat oil remaining in the skillet over medium heat. Fry potatoes until lightly browned,
5-6 minutes,turning often. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Add 2 tbsp oil and fry onions until translucent,about 3 minutes, stirring constantly .
Add ginger,green chili,turmeric,salt ,and sugar and fry for 1 minutes. Add water and red
chili paste and bring to boil .Then add potatoes and lower the heat and simmer ,cover and
cook about 8 minutes
4. Add cauliflower and simmer,cover,until both potatoes and cauliflower are done.5-6 more minutes .
Add fish and simmer ,covered until done, another 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkler with cilantro and serve