1 Lb stewing lamb cut into bite size
3 Tsp adark lashun ka masala
1 Inch cinnamon stick
1 1/2 tsp medium hot chilli powder
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp groundnut oil
1 medium onion finely sliced
7/8 cup white basmathi rice
4 tbsp low-fat milk
1 tbsp butter or ghee
A few safforn strands
Salt to taste
1. Mix the lamb with the adark lashun ka masala,cinnamon.cloves ,cardamom,chilli, yoghurt
lemon juice,1 tbsp of the oil and salt,cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes
2. In a saucepan heat 3 tbsp of oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes until golden brow
set a sideRinse the rice well and place in a pan with 1 3/4 cups boiling water.Cover
and boil for 8-10 minutes until rice is half cooked.
3. Gently warm the milk and soak the safforn stradnds for a few minutes
4. Preheat the oven 350 f .heat remaining oil in a heavy -based pan and fry the the
marinated meat for 15 minutes until well browned and stir in the fried onions.
5. Grease the base of a large heavy-based casserole with the butter of ghee.
6. Add the meat mixture followed by the para boiled rice
7. Cover tightly and bake for 45-50 minutes.