How to make Fried bread pudding
3 cups whole milk
5/8 cup condensed milk
14-15 roasted, unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
3 green cardamom seeds
3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
6 slices white bread a few Safforn strands
1. In a heavy based pan bring the milk to boil.
2. Add the condensed milk followed by the safforn.
3. Simmer the milk on a low flame for 10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
4. Stir in the pistachio nuts and cardamoms and cook for 3 minutes, set aside to cool
Preheat a griddle
5. Spread butter on both side of the slices of bread and cook on griddle until they turn crispy and taking
care not to brown them too much
6. Place them in a deep-sided dish , covering the base and then layer as necessary
7. Pour the milk over the bread
8. Leave the pudding to cool, then refrigerate for two hours