1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup wholewheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
5 tbsp warm water
FOR THE FILLING
2 eggs beaten
2 tbsp very finely minced onion
1 tsp seeded ,minced fresh green chili
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Sift the flour,baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Gradually add oil and yogurt and mix well.
Add water little at a time and mix well until dough is smooth and pliable. Cover with a damp and
let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Combine all the filling ingredients and set aside. Be sure that all the ingredients are mashed or very
finely minced so that they do not tear the delicate dough
3. Knead the dough a few more times.divided into 6 equal portions. Oil your palm lightly and roll
between your palms to form a smooth ball. Flatten the ball between your palms. On a lightly
floured work surface ,roll out into a disc about 8 1/2 inches in diameter.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in a nonstick griddle or skillet at least 9 inches in diameter. Place a parota on it.
When bubbles appear all over the surface, turn the parota. Drizzle 1/2 tsp more oil around the
edges.of the parota if the griddle is dry.
5. Cook until the bottom becomes mottled with light brown spots. Drizzle 2 tbsp of the egg mixture
over the surface and spread to within 1/4 inch of the edge ,with the help of a spatula,lift half of the
parota and fold it onto the other half to enclose the filling. Cook for a few seconds to set the egg.
Remove from the griddle and serve immediately.