Toovar (arhar) 1 ½ tbsp
Tamarind (imli) 1tbsp1
Rasam powder 2 tbsp
Grated jaggery (gur) ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Asafoetida (hing) a pinch
Few curry leaves
Oil 1 tbsp
Chopped coriander 1tbsp
- Get a deep bowl, put water and boiled toovar dal and boiled drumsticks and add the tamarind, salt, turmeric and jagary and mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the rasam powder, mix well and simmer around 20 minutes
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and pop them.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and pour this tempering to the rasam and mix well.
- Then Serve hot garnished with coriander