- Grind the dal and rice separately with some water until it become a fine paste.
- Add salt to it and mix well. Keep it overnight for fermentation. (The batter should be little diluting than the idli flour so that dosa is made thinner.)
- In a flat frying pan the batter is poured and spread into a thin round like a pancake but much more thinner.
- Pour little ghee on both sides of the dosas
- When it turns golden brown, turn over to other side. In a few seconds it is ready to serve.
- Masala Dosa can be made by placing the potato masala inside the Dosa and folding it in half.
- Tips the thinner and crispier the dosa, the better it tastes.