How to Make Dhal Makhani ( punabi dish)
Whole Urad dal cup ½
Rajma/red kidney beans cup ¼
Ginger and garlic paste 2 ½ tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Bay leaf 2
Cumin seeds ½
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Chilli powder ½tsp
Dhaniya powder 2tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Kasoori methi powder ½ tsp
Finely chopped onion 1
Grinded tomatos 3
Butter ½ tbsp
Fresh cream 2 tbsp
Fresh coriander for garnishing
1 . Wash and soak dals in clean water for 6hrs.
2. Cook the dals in pressure cooker for 1-3 whistles.
3 . Heat a oil in a pan,add cumin and bay leaf,when they begi to
4. Add onions and cook until golden brown,now add
Ginger garlic paste cook for 3 -4minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes or tomato puree and cook for 2-3
6. Add all powders,butter,salt and cooked dals and cook on a
Medium low flame for20- 25 minutes.
7. Now add cream cook for 2 minutes and garnish with fresh