- Mix the tomato sauce, yogurt and water and set aside.
- Blend the garlic, ginger and water until smooth. Brown the chicken pieces in the oil remove the chicken from skillet and lower heat.
- Add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cloves and hot pepper flakes. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste and the turmeric.
- Stir for 1 minute. Add tomato mixture, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, turning chicken a few times. Serve with plain rice