Fresh pork 1lb
Finely chopped large onions, 4
Ginger / garlic paste 1tsp
Cumin seeds 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
Black pepper 1 tbsp
Fenugrek seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 ½
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Red chili powder as needed
Green chillies 4
Coorg vinegar 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Hot water 1 ½ cup
Oil to fry
1. roast all of the dry spices on a hot pan
2. then grind all in to fine powder.
3. Wash well and drain the pork, sprinkle with the turmeric and set aside.
4. Fry the chopped onions in a little oil until lightly browned.
5. Then Add the garlic ginger paste and fry for a few minutes.
6. Add the pork and fry till pork releases the water
7. add coriander powder mix well and then chilli powder, and finally all the dry roasted spices.
8. Stir thoroughly. Add salt to taste.Add 1 ½ cups of hot water, or according to the
9. gravy required.Pressure cook or large pot on medium heat for about 25 mins.
Remove from gas
10. Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar and simmer for a few minutes. add the green chillies
and cover the pot.