1/2 tsp turmeric
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1tbs chopped fresh ginger
4 tbsp coconut oil
1 kg chicken cut bite size
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp roasted ground coriander
1/2 tbsp red chili
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup plain yogurt
salt to taste
1. blend onions and ginger until smooth ,set aside
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Fry chicken in 2 batches until it
turn opaque and lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil the skillet and heat over medium low heat. Fry the onion,ginger, for 2 minutes.
Stir and cover . Add turmeric ,cumin,coriander, red pepper, and sugar and stir several times. Add hot
4. Add chicken and mix well the pieces. Lower the heat. Simmer,covered,until chicken is tender about
30 minutes.Turn heat very low and remove half the chicken . Add salt and yogurt and stir for a few
seconds. Return chicken to the skillet and remove from the heat.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve