1/2 cup toor dal
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp corn oil
1/4 tsp asafetida powder
4 to 6 curry leaves
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp finely minced fresh ginger
1 tsp finely chopped green chili
2 1/2 cup cauliflower cut into small chunks
1/2 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut powder
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan . Add toor dal and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
Reduce heat to medium and cook. Uncovered for about 20-25 minutes until dal become creamy.
2. Heat corn oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. When oil is hot add asafoteida and curry leaves
3. Add mustard seeds and urad dal. Covered and let mustard seeds burst and urad dal turns golden.
4. Add onions, ginger,chili, and remaining 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
5. Add cauliflower , blend well with the seasoning in the saucepan.
6. Add creamy toor dal,cumin powder,and salt . Add about 3/4 cup warm water to the dal. Stir
cauliflower well with dal mixture about 2-3 minutes.
7. Cover and cook over low heat until cauliflower is just tender 2- 3 minutes . Add coconut powder.
Stir and cook for an additional minute.Do not overcook cauliflower.