1/2 tsp unsalted butter
3 cups grated carrots
3 cups whole milk
4 tbsp ghee
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup golden raisins
4/1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1. Butter a shallow 1 – quart serving bowl
2. Coarsely grate the carrots in a food processor fitted with a shredding disk, or with the
box grater about 3 cups
3. In a deep heavy bottom pan combine the grated carrots and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce the
heat to medium about 30 minutes, and stir constantly until the mixture thickens and no more
liquid appears at the bottom of the pan .
4. Add the ghee and sugar and continue stirring. As the sugar melt the mixture will appear runny again.
Stir until it is no longer water and the color has darkened (about 15 minutes)
5. Add the raisins ,almond ,and cardamom and stir continuously until mixture dries out,start to draw
away from the sides of the pan, and moves as a solid mass. Immediately remove from the heat and
pour the mixture into the buttered serving bowl .It should be the consistency of stiff rice pudding .
Keep it covered until serving . Serve until warm.